Dated 1257, the original church and its adjacent monastery were dedicated to Santa Maria Maddalena delle Convertite recalling the hosel for repentant prostitutes which previously stood here. The church was rebuilt at the end of the 15th century to a design by Giuliano Sangallo who introduced the four-arched portico at the entrance. The monastery is now famous for Perugino's evocative fresco of the Crucifixion made between 1493 and 1496. The Convent also houses paintings by Luca Giordano, Bernardino Poccetti and Passignamo.
Borgo Pinti, 58
open: every day 7.30-12.30, 16.30-18.30